Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer

It is finally here and I’ve vowed to all my love ones that I WILL make time to enjoy it.

John William Godward's Summer Flowers

Summer Holiday

We had been brilliant on those day stretched out on white sand by idle shore
Oh how we had perfected leisure you and I
Then it had been all vivid blues that summer
The ocean, sky and our pending end but it could not have last for more than the season
Now I long for it and for you
Only now you are permanent winter


Louis Aston Knight's Summer Afternoon, Normandy

Here is to aimless hours of wander and wonder in the warmth of the sun.

Jean Frederic Bazille's Summer Scene, which I love though my sister thinks it homoerotic

My love my care,
Simone

10 comments:

  1. You're just trying to make me jealous ;p we just celebrated Yule here in NZ - it's cold!!! I love that first painting, might have to hunt down a print of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Sir Cliff Richard wrote something similar when I was a lad, Simone. Well worth revisiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,dear Simone!-)*

    It's here in Netherland also summer with a heavenly nice flowers and with much sunshine...

    Enjoy you wonderful summer day,my dear,dear Friend!-)*

    Love,
    ***Violetta***

    ReplyDelete
  4. The paintings and poetry are all lovely and bring to mind the breeze of a warm summer afternoon. I hope you will take time to enjoy the summer.

    Mason
    Thoughts in Progress

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Simone! I hope you have the best summer of your life this year!

    As for the poem, awesome as always with your imagery. "White sands" and "vivid blues" of the sky and the ocean. And I love the two words you twisted together, "permanent winter," which calls so many other images to mind that are the exact reverse of summer.

    If you can check out my newest post, a poem titled "Your Own, My Own." I would love to hear your opinions about it.

    As for that painting and your sister thinking that it is homo-erotic, I think I can sort of agree with her. That's just my opinion though.

    Anyway, write on and put some sunscreen on as well, it is burning hot out here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest beautiful Simone,

    i dont know what it is like to have summer here but i hope you enjoy this summer :))

    love,
    mita.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! Very pretty! I hope you are having a great summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are probably many things we would find homoerotic from that time period. To each his own!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL, well I would at least say it is "awkward". Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful way to celebrate the first day of summer!

    ReplyDelete