Thursday, July 1, 2010

Gemini


The Artist's Sisters by Théodore Chassériau

She had made an error at forty that even her youngest at thirteen had found laughable and still she could not have gone forth without having loved him.

I had instead a go at fortune the kind found in twelve hour days and smart parties with clever people.

She swam by moonlight in her best frock then tossed it aside to make love in filthy sand

I got promoted and learned how to golf with the bright young things

She chases the sun to shop in open markets in distant land without worry for her retirement fund

I’ve decided to use my vacation fund to enrol in Mandarin for business executives

She drives me mad with her incessant I haves

I make her crazy with my I wills

My love my care,
Simone

4 comments:

  1. Venus and Mars all over again!

    Bisou, Cro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fitting picture for your words - the sisters both look like they have regrets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to wipe the steam of my screen to read on.

    ReplyDelete